9/30/09

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity. ~Voltaire

Hiya!

Today, I went grocery shopping with The Mum and Youngest (who stayed home from school again because he is ill) so I could get some food that I like! I didn't really know what to get (other than Penguin biscuits, which are like Tim Tams, Laura!). So, I ended up getting cucumbers, celery and avocado. The Mum says she hasn't seen me eating much at all. I guess I've just been a little timid in my eating. I don't want them to think I am a pig. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE food, so it's weird that I have come across as a picky eater. —Oh, I also got some Chai tea! I haven't had any in weeks, because the England family pretty much only drinks orange pekoe.

For tea tonight, I made this delicious marinade for salmon that the former au pair used to make. It's super easy and yummy:

Ingredients:
2 tbsp Hoi Sin Sauce
2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 tbsp oil (can be sesame or olive, etc)
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 large pinch of '5 Chinese spices' (I don't know what's in this, but it was in a spice shaker)
2-4 salmon steaks

Instructions:
- Mix all the ingredients and cover the salmon steaks with the marinade
- Marinate for 1-2 hours
-Bake @ 180 F for about 25 mins.
- ENJOY!

I am feeling better about getting lost last night. Today, The Mum and I drove into the city centre and she showed me where to park next time. Also, the lady from the choir said not to worry about missing last night's rehearsal; I would have felt unprepared. She welcomes me to come next week, though. So, that's what I'll do!

Anyways, I'm going to go take some Tylenol Cold and have a nice cup of tea! Cheerio!

No comments: