9/23/09

…makes Sarah a dull girl

Well, no Gospel choir tonight. The Dad had planned on giving me a ride, but he got held up at work and had he driven me when he got home, I wouldn't have arrived until 1/2 way through the rehearsal. So… instead, I am sitting in my room, not singing. I had a bit of a pout when the clock struck 6:30 and he wasn't home yet. But he was genuinely sorry that he had been tied up at work. It wouldn't have been as big a deal if the choir rehearsal was closer to where we live, but it was about a 1/2 hour drive. So, I researched and found a choir that meets much closer to where we live. I can get there using public transit. It's not a Gospel choir, but it'll do. Check out the City of Birmingham Choir. I kind of like their logo. They meet on Tuesdays, so I still have almost a whole week until I can go.

It has been difficult for me to find something to do during the day. I've been checking out community boards and the like since I've been here, but all the yoga, dance and music classes are offered in the evening. I will have to keep looking, because I am going to go crazy if I am stuck in this house all day! I wont have a thing to write about if my life goes on like this! Today, after finishing the day's cleaning and ironing, all I did was go for a jog (which, to be honest, turned into a brisk walk because I am out of shape) and sit in the park and read. I'm almost finished 'The Colour of Magic'! I haven't read a book that quickly since the last Harry Potter installment came out.

I don't usually finish my daily chores until around 11:00, so I think getting a second job will be pretty hard. But volunteering at an Oxfam store would be possible, especially since you can make your own hours by working there.

I will have to take up a new hobby. Any suggestions?

…oh yeah, it rained today for the first time since I got here.









No comments: