9/27/09

Bee Hivin' in the Old Near and Far

What a day, what a day!

Youngest is suffering from an ear ache and a cough, so he hasn't been sleeping well. He got up at around 4:30 this morning asking for his mummy and daddy. The poor kid :(

I went to church today and it is much less awkward now that I know a few names and faces. There was another lunch after the service, so I got to meet even more people. All of the students are back in the city now, because most of them start school tomorrow. Next weekend, there are a whole bunch of events happening in relation to the church's 10th 'birthday', so I will have even more opportunity to go out and get to know my new friends a bit more. There will be a 'cream tea', a live music night, a Ceilidh (kay-lee), some events to serve the city and even 'Oasis has got talent'. I will also go out to a small group this week. I think finally I will be able to make connections and see some of my new friends outside of a regular Sunday meeting.

After church, The Dad took me for a spin in my new 'near and far' (car). I did pretty well! I kept to the speed limit and didn't run into anything. There was only one time that I went up on the curb a bit, just for a sec. Tomorrow, I will drive the kids to school for the first time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, it's me Simon Pisani. I just read your post and it is pretty cool.

sarahtp said...

Hi Simon! It's good to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Cockney! Near and Far... oh Gran-Nan. Fun!