9/16/09

Truly the End of an Era


Well… today was the current au pair's last day (she's going back to Australia), and it's been a roller coaster of emotion. Our day was pretty normal, except for that Youngest was acting up a bit because he didn't want to go to school (and later, he had some kind of cut or bite on his 'boobie', as he called it.)

After the homework was done, we all went out to eat at the most non-English place I could imagine: T.G.I.Friday's. It was nice to have everyone around the dinner table together and to joke a bit with The Mum and The Dad.

At the moment, I am up in my room while the family have a good cry and hug with the current au pair. They are all very sorry to see her go. She has been here for two-and-a-half years! I figured it would be smart of me to let them have some time with her alone. I am a little sad for Youngest. The current au pair came to be with this family when he was only 6 months old, and he is now 3 years old. He hasn't known any other au pair. Hopefully, he will get used to me in time!

I am nervous for the next couple of weeks. First of all, I know it will be hard with the departure of the current au pair. I am now the only authority in the house when The Mum and The Dad are at work. I have nobody to remind me of little things I need to do and I will be cooking for 3 picky children on my own. Plus, The Mum is taking me driving on the left side of the road on Sunday!

I think the hardest parts will be when Youngest asks for the current au pair instead of me, or if Middle and Oldest don't like what I say and they tell me that 'they liked the current au pair so much better.'

I predict that I will consume a good amount of chocolate in the next month.

Please pray that I wont let these kids get me down!

No comments: