9/28/09

Mop-day #2

Today was a full day! Of course, it being mop-day, I spent most of the morning dusting, sweeping, mopping and wiping. But, there is a twist in the prevailing plot. Youngest threw-up this morning, so he stayed home from school today. He spent the morning ordering me to change the channel, change the DVD or tell him a story.

Then, I took him to a place that would scare the poop out of my good friend Tom. It is called 'Hickory Dickory's Playhouse' and it is one of those huge indoor playgrounds with giant slides and spider nets, trampolines and ball-pits. Except for this one has 'glass floors' and stretches of netting that you are meant to run across. And you can't just let the kids run rampant, you are supposed to go with them. It was so much fun! Seriously, if you know anyone with a kid under 5 years old, offer to 'babysit' them. Take them to one of these places and go wild! Maybe those of you who are coming to visit me next summer could go on an outing to 'Hickory Dickory's' with me? You are probably all laughing… I guess you had to be there.

Also, I went to collect the girls all by myself this afternoon! Driving on the wrong side of the road really isn't that hard. It was fine!


I am reading 'My Sister's Keeper' by Jodi Picoult. It's a page turner! The main character is Anna, who's sister, Kate, has leukemia. Anna was a test-tube baby, hand-picked to be the perfect donor for her sister. When Kate's kidneys begin to fail, her parents expect Anna to donate one of hers. But instead, Anna decides to sue them for the rights to her own body, to make her own medical decisions. I'm really enjoying it. 'My Sister's Keeper' is now a 'major motion picture' starring Cameron Diaz and Abigail Breslin. I'll have to rent the movie after I see it.

I hope Youngest goes to school tomorrow, I am exhausted!

3 comments:

Mom said...

You are a very brave woman taking a puky sick kid to such an active playground. I hope he had a very good time.

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah!
Love your blog-great pics. Sounds like you're really enjoying the experience.
Beware of the movie version of My Sister's Keeper. The book is MUCH better...just my opinion though.

redhaireddesigner said...

approve my comments!!!!


i love you and that place sounds aweeeesome!!!!


http://redheadeddesigner.blogspot.com/2009/09/sarah-p.html