9/29/09

I had a bad day, I'm takin' one down, I'll sing a sad song just to turn it around…


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I had a BAD day. So bad.

When I woke up, I had it all planned out. After I dropped the kids off, I would go home to have a nap (I've been feeling poorly lately), get up at 10:30, finish the ironing for the day, have some quiet time, go for a run, drop off my application at Oxfam and maybe even have time to watch some tv.

But instead, Youngest's nursery called, asking me to pick him up. So I did. I got to the nursery fine, but then I got lost. It took me 45 minutes to find my way back. And then, I ended up getting the ironing done, but I couldn't go for a run or to Oxfam. I spent the day lounging on the couch. He slept for most of the morning. He got up around 1 and ordered me to put on his favourite tv show. We're working on his manners. Most of the time it was "I don't want to watch this, I want to throw it away…" I think I started 3 different movies for him, but when we got a few minutes in, he didn't want to watch them anymore. Lord, give me patience.

Then, I called the contact person for the City of Birmingham Choir and told her I was coming out tonight. I wrote down all the directions and double checked them. But, long story short, I never got there. I got lost. And the signage here is ridiculous. I barely saw a street sign! When I stopped and asked for directions, either people had no idea where Bull St was or their directions were way too vague. I mean, people were very very nice, but I was so frustrated. And then it took me about 1/2 an hour to find my way back again. So embarrassing. I'm going to take a taxi next week.

3 comments:

redhaireddesigner said...

yeah, at least with a taxi it is not up to you to be in charge of directions. and yes, i remember how weird the signage was in the uk. and how all the streets seem to change names half way down the street and then you're lost.

im sorry today was bad but at least you have a plan for next time.

Dad said...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

sarahtp said...

Thanks for the song, Daddy!