9/17/09

The Long Day is Over…

It was a long day today. Mostly because Youngest doesn't go to school on Thursdays and Fridays. Also because the current au pair spent the day packing and saying goodbye.

The Mum has Thursdays and Fridays off as well, so she and I cooked! I made Tortilla Soup and she made Ratatouille (yum), ham in cider and cloves and cheese and onion bread. We feasted at lunch time. Youngest even helped a bit by chopping mushrooms. He likes to chop things and often talks about how he wants to grow up to be a 'chopping doctor'. Not sure what that is. He has this 'Human Body' book that he just loves. He likes to point out the heart and the lungs and the brain. On the page that shows the stages in pre-natal development, he likes to say that the baby got inside the mother because the mother ate it. I guess that would seem logical to a three-year-old.

The Mum went out to by the current au pair a gift (a lovely diamond pendant) in the afternoon, taking Youngest with her. This gave me a bit of time to relax. Among a variety of relaxing activities, such as showering and playing my guitar, I began to read 'Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold. It's been made into a movie that's coming out, so I thought I'd read the book before I saw the film version. (Although, I've already seen the trailer, so Rachel Weisz, Mark Whalberg and Saoirse Ronan appear in my head as the characters they play). It's a little grim, because it's about a young girl who was raped and murdered, but other than that I like it so far. It's so beautiful in it's descriptions and the author's idea of heaven is creative and really interesting.

We all took the current au pair to the airport, which was sad. In the car on the way home, Youngest kept asking where she was. He doesn't really understand yet. I was supposed to pick up a suitcase that my parents shipped (thanks Mom and Dad!), but I have to fill out all this paperwork first. It's all transit numbers and container numbers and consignor's addresses. Bah! I don't think I'll get it for another week!! And I really need my nail clippers! I've been biting my nails (which is disgusting).

Well, I am completely and utterly by myself and all alone tomorrow. No current au pair to remind me of my job or correct me, or to rebuke the children if they don't listen to me. *sigh* I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…

P.S. I recieved an email from a certain friend today that mentioned that he was surprised that I write an entry every day! Just wait until I make more friends… then you wont have to read so much! :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you CAN!
-Paul Rudd