10/25/09

Weekend-wiki-Links

I finally got myself a bank account this weekend! (Now I can start saving money, haha!)



So, Saturday night, Aussie invited me to go downtown with her to see her housemate's band play. We went into the city a bit earlier to grab some food before the show. We went out for dinner at this awesome burger restaurant (not the 'Mash House'… it may look like that's where we went, but it's not. I'm sure it's nice too, but we had burgers elsewhere). It was nice to have a nice, thick patty of beef. I haven't had beef in a while, they eat a lot of chicken here, and when my family do eat beef, it's like ground beef in pasta sauce or lasagna or something. After that, we went to 'Café Rouge', which is this lovely chain of French cafés. Jordan, you would LOVE the decor and advertisements, everything is done in Art Nouveau, very Alphonse Mucha. Anyways, I didn't know what to expect from the band; all I knew about the band is that they play ska music. I do like ska, so I thought I would enjoy it, but I had no idea how fantastic they were. They are called 360 and they put on an amazing show! I hope they are playing in Birmingham again soon. My only issue with the show was that the bar was so full that I had no room to skank (a form of dancing practiced in the reggae and ska music scenes… not acting promiscuously.)

I also spent a considerable amount of time this weekend catching up on 'The IT Crowd', which is among my very favourite television shows. Seriously. It's up there with 'Quantum Leap'.

It is currently half-term break, so Oldest is off to Grandma's in Devon and Middle and Youngest are at home all week! We are going to spend some time getting ready for the England family's Halloween party! We need to do costumes and decorations and fairy cakes (cupcakes) and jack o' lanterns… *sigh* it's the most wonderful time of the year

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"patty" AND "it's the most wonderful time of the year" were both linked. To Wikipedia. Explaining the obvious. Not to critisize- but why not just link every word? For clarity's sake.
Love reading your posts!
And I walked today. To where? From Jane and Finch to Dupont/ Dundas and Spadina. BOO. YA!
... it was really long. And my hip flexors are mush

sarahtp said...

Hence the title of this particular entry: 'Weekend-WIKI-Links'. I just got a little link-happy.

Yay for walking. I'm quite fond of walking, myself. Just like Elizabeth Bennet. Yesterday, I walked home from church… in the rain. I hope my leather jacket isn't ruined :(