10/6/09

God Bless the Rain Down in Birmingham…

I know that I have written a couple times that it has rained, but neither of those times were like today. The other times it rained, it was sunny for the rest of the day. Today, I woke up to rain, I drove through the rain, I saw the rain out of my window all day and now, as I go to sleep, it rains. I don't exactly hate it. It makes everything so green.

Today, I finally took some real time with God. By that I mean I sat down in the middle of the day to read my Bible and pray. I haven't really done that in a while. For the last month or so, I'd rush a prayer before bed, or at a red light, or when I would pray in a group. I'd read a couple of my favourite verses, but I hadn't taken time to sit and reflect and just wait on God or sit and study a passage of the Word. I even went to www.biblegateway.com.It felt good to do that today.

I was late leaving for choir tonight due to circumstances beyond my control and therefore arrived at choir about 20 mins late. This place was hard to find. How hard, you may ask, Andrew? Mighty hard. It's held in this Quaker Meeting Place tucked in behind two massive buildings. When I eventually found the rehearsal, I was advised by some guy at a desk to wait outside until the break. So I sat and listened. This choir is HARDcore. How hardcore? Decidedly hardcore. The piece they were practicing is like nothing I have ever attempted. When the break came, I found the friendly lady I spoke with last week and she got me some music and sat me down among the 1st altos. The piece we tackled next wasn't quite so bad as the first, but it was still a bit tricky. I am going to download the music (Sea Drift by Delius and A Sea Symphony by Ralph Vaughan Williams) and see if I do any better next week.

So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodnight…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was it THAT hard? no, couldn't 'ave been!