10/14/09

Childcare

Oh man. After the past few days, I don't think I want kids anymore. These children have been driving me insane! Youngest doesn't want to go to school in the mornings and in the afternoon when I pick him up, he alternates between loud and embarrassing crocodile tears and laughing hysterically while running away from me as fast as he can. When I take him to pick up the girls, he throws a tantrum if I leave him in the car and runs around like a maniac if I take him with me. The parents at the girls' school must think I'm a horrible au pair for the amount he shouts and screams. Middle and Oldest have been fighting like only sisters can the past couple of days… and not just with their words. Other than putting them in two different rooms, I have NO idea how to solve their problems. And neither of them will listen to me when I ask them to do something or tell them 'no' to English muffins before bedtime. I am exhausted from running after a 3-year-old and my voice is hoarse from asking the girls to do everything. I am tired and frustrated and, honestly, I want to hire a babysitter and take a vacation… but I've only been here a month.

Needless to say, I am in desperate for prayers for patience. I mean, these kids aren't bad. They're smart and funny and sometimes, they're even cute. This afternoon, I made fortune-tellers with Middle and watched Youngest draw a picture with the Halloween pencil I gave him. Man, childcare is NOT easy. I raise my glass to mothers and nannies everywhere.