10/19/09

Mop-Day #5

Today, Oldest's bad behaviour reached it's climax. I went in to her room in the morning to wake her up and she pretty much screamed at me! She woke up both her parents and her Dad came up to see what all the ruckus was about. The rest of the morning continued with similar outbursts of emotion from Oldest. She tied herself into her room with the sash of her dressing gown and carried on about not wanting to go to school. Eventually, her Mom stepped in to get her ready to go. As The Mum was staying home from work today, she decided to drive them to school to 'give me some rest.' When she got back home, she apologized for Oldest's behaviour and gave me a couple tips for dealing with her. She also gave me some punishing power to back up my arguments a bit. I am now allowed to deprive Oldest of her t.v. watching or send her to bed earlier if she fails to listen. The Mum also had a good heart-to-heart with Oldest after school to encourage her to behave better. I kind of feel bad for her, because I know she is super stressed out with preparations for her 11+ exams. But I'm really glad that The Mum stepped in. She said that it's not fair for her kids to shout at me and talk to me like that and that it's not part of my job description.


Tonight was the finale of my new favourite show over here. 'Grease: The School Musical' is the account of a competition in which high schools competed in order to have the opportunity to perform 'Grease' on a West End stage. They did a pretty good job— especially the kids that played Rizzo, Danny (adorable) and Sandy. Check it out on You Tube in a few days (it's not up online yet).

No comments: