10/5/09

Mop-day #3

This morning, when Youngest was acting up at breakfast, I picked him up to give him a 'time out' on the 'naughty step'. In the process of lifting him off of his stool, I also managed to knock it over. The stool proceeded to come crashing to the floor, where it flattened my middle toe. Ouch. I know that this minor injury is incredibly small. I know it is nothing to complain about. But this toenail is bleedin' painful! I can't go running with a toe like that!

Today, Middle got her first email address. Adorable. Her only contacts are me, her Mum and the former au pair. She sent all of us emails today. The email I received consisted of a series of emoticons… it was darling, Kayla! I know that giving her my email address means that I will no doubt receive mass amounts of cheesy forwards, but I might get a few personal messages here and there.

Not sure if I mentioned it before or not, but I have been hired as a balloon artist at a party at Middle and Oldest's school! Today, I took a few of my favourite balloon creations over to the house of the mother planning the party. She was very impressed by my monkey-in-a-tree, dragonfly, teddy-bear and airplane. I will have to put together some quick business cards (by hand, since I have yet to acquire some design software) so I can rustle up some more business from the mums I will meet!

Tomorrow is Tuesday! Choir!… hopefully!

2 comments:

Dad said...

I hope that you didn't teach the kids any new naughty words when the stool dropped.

redhaireddesigner said...

design software? i thought you bought the cs suite? if you didn't tom still is trying to unload his cs3. look into it.

the balloon artist gig sounds awesome. i love your animals. send some pictures of the party if you can.

sounds like you're doing awesome over there, sorry about the toe, it will get better soon!