10/30/09

…it's coming…

Today, I visited my new friend Gail for lunch. It was really nice. We sat for, like 3 hours and just talked and talked. I really needed that after my bout of homesickness last night. Honestly, if you asked me last night, I would have been ready to pack up all my stuff and fly home (just in time for a certain Halloween party). But now, after spending a few hours chatting with Gail I feel much better. She's new to Birmingham, too. And she's definitely spent a lot of time abroad, so she knows how I feel. It is things like this that let me know that God is really taking care of me. I was seriously upset last night and today I was able to get some reassurance from someone whom I can really identify with. (God's pretty sneaky. I was actually supposed to have lunch with Gail on Wednesday, but I think this timing was much better.) Maybe I'm homesick for a reason…maybe my being homesick is helping me reach out to my new friends here. Anyways, I am really Thankful that even though I feel alone, He's here.

Do you ever read into a song, deciding on it's meaning without knowing the songwriter's intention? Or do you ever give meaning to a song that is completely different from what the lyrics are meant to say? It happens to me quite a lot. My absolute, number one, favourite musician of life is Jonny Lang. He has 2 beautiful songs on his first album that have always held a lot of meaning for me, but their actual meaning and  lyrics are pretty straightforward. Check out 'When I Come To You' and 'Missing Your Love' (my top song). What do YOU think they mean?

Tomorrow is Halloween… and I have yet to put together a costume. *gasp!* I know, sooo strange. Normally I am all set weeks in advance! And I mean, come on, I am KNOWN for my fabulous Halloween costumes. Remember that Poison Ivy costume from '08… or the Strawberry Shortcake one from '06? 


And come on, I dress up in costumes as often as possible, have you seen me at camp?!


 I need to get my act together. Unfortunately, Brits are not really as into Halloween as Canadians and Americans, so even second-hand clothes with potential are difficult to find. I'll have to get up early tomorrow to hit the charity shops! Maybe I can save myself with some make-up…


Anyways, big part tomorrow for the kiddies! Lots to do!

No comments: