10/27/09

The Countdown to COSTUMES!

Today, I took Middle shopping for some Halloween costume materials at the Rag Market! Tomorrow, I will make her a nice little cape to go with her princess costume. We also searched high and low for rubber snakes (I wanted to be Medusa), but the United Kingdom seems to be fresh out. Seriously, where is a Dollarama when you need one? I will have to slap together a different costume somehow. Any suggestions?


I also carved a gorgeous jack o' lantern today. Feast your eyes on this! I put a lot of time in effort into this pumpkin (mostly because I wanted to keep up with my designer friend, Tom! His terrifying and skillfully-carved creation is featured below.) What do you think?

Aussie and I tried our hand at the quiz again tonight! We actually did much better than last time (points-wise), but we still lost. Oh, well. I'm sure our collective knowledge of British pop-culture will increase in the weeks to come.

Only a 4 more days until Halloween! I'll have to rent 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' or 'Hocus Pocus' or 'Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin'. I'm sure there will be some classics on TV.

Salut. Goodbye. A bien tot. See you soon.

4 comments:

redhaireddesigner said...

Ok stupid question but are Aussie and Hungary their real names or just the countries they are from to protect their identity?

also, i'm costume stressed. I haven't even started. i want to be Pheonix from xmen. i'm only missing a few things but it's going to be a race as well!

awesome pumpkin!

Tom|Collver said...

Well done, my friend! It looks great :) I think you should make the snakes for your head out of paper maché... make a little head piece. I'll show you my next pumpkin when I have it done :)

Anonymous said...

With your talent you could paint the snakes all over yourself. Did you take your paints with you?

sarahtp said...

Aussie and Hungary are nicknames for these friends in order to protect their identities!

I haven't brought my paints, unfortunately.

And I don't think I have enough time for papier maché. I think I will be a pirate. Curiously, I already have most of that costume in my wardrobe!