10/21/09

Lookin' out For Me

Okay, so those of you who know me really well will probably have this reaction after reading the following story: You'll roll your eyes, sigh, and say 'that's classic absent-minded Sarah' (or something to that effect.'

The truth is… I'm a loser… as in, I lose things. A lot. I just get daydreaming about my unknown future, or distracted by things around me and things get dropped, left behind and lost.

On Monday, I was jogging in the park. I had my keys in the pocket of my jumper (sweatshirt) and my iPod in my hand. At the end of my run, I made my way up the drive to the front door of our house… and I didn't have any keys. So, I turned around and headed back to the park. I retraced my steps, going all around the park, kicking leaves out of the way and scanning the path for any sign of my keys. After I had looked everywhere I could think of, I headed to the Ranger's station and lo and behold, some lovely Brummie had turned in my keys to the lost and found!!


Then, this afternoon, I went jogging again. I had to pick up some paper for The Mum, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and jog into Moseley Village to the post office. But, when I arrived at my predetermined destination… I had no wallet. So, just like on Monday, I retraced my steps… twice. But my wallet was nowhere to be found. It was gone. When I arrived home, The Dad was there, eating some lunch. He suggested I report my lost wallet to the local police. I left my information with the police and about an hour later, I got a call saying that my wallet had been found!!! The police gave me the number of the woman who picked up my wallet. I called her up and stopped by (she lives just around the corner). I am SO thankful to have my wallet back. I mean, I canceled my credit card, so I still have to go through the trouble of getting a new one, but I am RELIEVED! Plus, the actual wallet holds sentimental value, I got it in Cuba with some of my friends of the beloved Posse.

So, thank you to the model citizens who helped me to recover my stuff! And praise the Lord for looking out for my dreamy, forgetful and absent-minded self. He's taking care of me!

P.S. Watch St. Trinians ASAP! It's good stuff.


2 comments:

Tom|Collver said...

HAHAHAHA oh, Sarah! That is SOOOO a 'you' thing to do :) Love ya!

redhaireddesigner said...

this story could have easily been about me. i can relate. so sorry love but it all turned out ok :)

xoxox