10/9/09

TGIF

Today was a nice and relaxing. Fridays usually are. I'm off for the day as soon as I'm done mopping and ironing. So, today, I ran some errands, checked in on my application at Oxfam (it's in the works) and took a walk on the King's Heath High St. A few of the more fashionable stores were having fabulous sales, so I took a look at their footwear. My shoe choices are a bit limited: white chucks, black trainers (running shoes), gladiator sandals, black heels and my wellies. I really liked all the cute little short boots that Dorothy Perkins had on sale, but they didn't have ANY that fit me. So, I went to Evans (yeah… I know it's plus size, but in UK sizes, I'm a 14-16) and found some great boots.

I also got to talk to one of the many friends that I miss so dearly, Meghan! It was awesome to hear about what she's been up to. She's a very talented sculptor and when we were roommates (so long ago, it seems *sigh*), I always loved hearing about her latest piece. It was great to hear about all the awesome textile casting she's experimenting with! I miss you, Meg!

Tonight, I went to see Zombieland with Hungary. It was WAY bloodier than I thought it would be, but I still liked it! If you have a hankering to go to the cinema, see this one! Unfortunatley, it was not to Hungary's taste, so I promised that next time we go to the movies, we'll see a good ol' RomCom. The only thing I didn't like were the previews. There was a seriously disturbing trailer for a scary sci-fi movie (The Fourth Kind) that just creeped me right out.

I'm really excited to see my friend, Stef, tomorrow! She is coming to visit me for the day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I cant believe you saw ZOMBIELAND.
I have wanted to see that movie for a while now.
My aunt and uncle are going to take me to the fear fest at canadas wonderland.From simon.p

Anonymous said...

Yeah we saw the previews for Zombieland when we went to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It's on our list for a Tuesday night movie.

sarahtp said...

Hi Simon (and Cathy)!

Thanks for reading my blog! I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's good to hear from you.