1/20/10

My Own Big Juicy 5

Hello, readership! I have no less than 5 items of interest for you today! Enjoy!

1. Take a gander at my toe!!! Remember when I drop a chair on it in October? Well, it's still bruised, believe it or not. Look at how crazy black it has become!!!

Yeah, I know my toes look gross. It's winter, gimme a break :P

2. BBC Radio 1. Although it is very unlike  my usual listening at home in Canada (CBC Radio 2), I have been listening to and quite enjoying the UK's #1 radio station. I listen to it in the car when I am making the school runs and during the day while working at Oxfam or cleaning house.  They play all the current pop, hip hop and rock stuff and throw in a few oldies, too. Although the music they play isn't my favourite, the dj's are grrreat! My favourite part about Radio 1 is that I have been introduced to so much music that I probably wouldn't even hear about back home. I especially like Biffy Clyro, Florence and the Machine, and my guilty pop pleasures Cheryl Cole and JLS. (Also, Fearne Cotton has a hollywood gossip segment called 'The Big Juicy 5'… that's where I got the title for my post)

3. The weather in this country makes no sense. This time last week, the country (minus London) was covered in a thick, wet blanket of snow. Many schools were closed due to bad roads and I couldn't even use the footpath (sidewalk) due to the incredible sheet of ice that prevented the tread-less soles of my boots from safely reaching the ground. On Sunday, I could have sworn I had woken up in April in Canada. The temperature had risen to a muggy 9° and all was green. Since the weekend, the temperature has been dropping daily and I have had to get out my toque again. There are even reports of snowstorms South West of here in Herefordshire.

4. CHOIR! Last night, I went to a rehearsal for the choir of the University of Birmingham with Moira, a lady from Oxfam. Initially, I went to the rehearsal to feel it out and see if I liked it or not, but I decided to stay after being there for about 5 minutes! It was great! They are singing a beautiful piece by Elgar called 'The Music Makers' which I love! I can definitely keep up with this choir and the atmosphere is very welcoming and relaxed. It reminds me of my days in YRCC! Oh, how I have missed singing in a choir! For Shona and Stef: can you come to my concert on March 14th?


5. Inspired by Supernanny Jo Frost, I have made a chart for the children. We will see how it works.




1 comment:

Tom|Collver said...

This would work for me... but what are the surprises??? ooooooooo