1/25/10

FINALLY-- Something to blog about.

 I have had a bit of a boring weekend. I can't even remember what I did on Friday… maybe some banking or something… most of it has left my memory quite quickly… I may have watched 'Hitch'… and I also may have chatted to my friend Stefania on Skype…

I had a nice Saturday, I slept in quite late and met Aussie at the Moseley Farmer's Market in the afternoon. It was much smaller than it has been in the past, probably because January is a bit of a slow month for many farmers. I bought some tart apple cider and both Aussie and I enjoyed a cup of fair trade hot chocolate. We spent the rest of the evening at mine (the England family had gone visiting friends/family for the weekend) eating delicious non-spicy curry take-away and watching trashy television including American Idol, Celebrity Big Brother, What Not to Wear and It's Me or the Dog. (P.S. I LOVE peshwari nan.) One reason for our stay-in weekend is that we are both a bit poorly. And my poorly-ness only got worse as the weekend continued. (in fact, I still suffer from nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, sore throat, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever… maybe I should get some Nyquil, haha)



I stayed home from church on Sunday, electing to, instead, lay in bed until late into the morning (not because I'm lazy, but because I am feeling UNwell). Later, I watched Happy Feet. I then wrote on my friend Mike's wall on facebook telling him I had just watched Happy Feet, as it is his favourite movie. After my cinematic adventure, I read a few chapters from the second book in the Discworld series: The Light Fantastic. << a highly recommended read.I also caught my parents on Skype and had a nice chat with them.

Anyways… let's get to the real news!

Today, I recieved a package in the mail from my dearest friend Mallory. Not only did it contain a Dawson's Creek postcard covered in messages of love and well-wishing, but it also contained an item I have been waiting eagerly for since my return to Birmingham: my 'Men of Golden Lake' calendar.

I'll explain: Mallory and I worked as Co-Executive Directors at Golden Lake Camp during the summer of 2009. We had a blast working together and always had fun coming up with random things to entertain us and our staff. During the last week of the summer, we had an impromptu photo-shoot with the male members of our staff, joking that we would turn it into a calendar. The photo-shoot saw almost all of our male staff posing foolishly on the beach, sometimes using props and other times pulling baywatch-y stances. And Mal actually made it happen!

So, today, my calendar arrived in the mail. It is so much more amazing than I had anticipated! I relive different moments of the summer as I recall working with each of these fine young fellows. I cannot believe that I wont be returning to Golden Lake for summer '10 and will truly miss working with all of the calendar's models, especially Mr.'s February, March, May and June. Have a great summer, boys!


No comments: