1/29/10

Forgetful Friday

amoxicillin

Today, I went down the road to get some real drugs.

I went to the local clinic to finally get my cough/cold sorted out and the lovely doctor gave me some antibiotics (which means I CANNOT forget to take them right up til the end— I do not need to screw up my immune system any more than I already have!).

While I was waiting for my prescription to be filled, I spoke to a lovely old Polish lady. I rummaged in my purse and discovered that I had left my keys at the house. Oops. I hoped that The Dad and Youngest were still home! But, alas! They had gone out to purchase some phones. I texted The Dad and asked him to text me when he was home again and to tell him that I would just be in the village having a cup of coffee. About an hour and a half later, after I had enjoyed a lovely coffee without cream (the English don't have cream in their coffee) and today's 'The Times' I received a message telling me it was safe to come back home. I'll have to have an extra key made and incorporated into some kind of jewelery that I can wear all the time.

I haven't read a whole newspaper in a while, so that was nice. I got the British perspective on President Obama's latest speech and I read a LOT about Iran and Afghanistan. Right now, there's this huge inquiry into Britain's participation in the invasion of Iraq; Tony Blair and his lawyers are being questioned in order to determine whether the invasion was legal or not. But sadly, there was no news of home. I never realized how little is known about Canada by those who live outside of Canada. *sigh* But maybe it is better to be mildy-liked and unheard of, than to be world-famous and disliked by many, as is often the sentiment towards our neighbor to the South. 

I'm off to Swansea tomorrow for a weekend with Shona! Goodnight and Good luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! Great image to tag on too!