1/16/10

The snow has disappeared, but I'm still feeling under the weather

Hello. It's been a few days since my last post. This is partly because I haven't really done much worth posting about and partly because I am sick. Again. It was just a month ago that I wrote about my sore throat, congestion and headache and now, these lovely symptoms have returned! Oh happy day. I have been doing a lot of sleeping and nothing much else.

On Thursday, The Dad's parents came to visit. They are lovely! They kind of remind me of a cross between My Mom's father and my Uncle Pat. They are very down-to-earth, friendly and comfortable to be around. I hope they visit again, soon.

On Friday, I made a poster to chart the kids' behaviour. It lists the tasks they must complete before school and after school and has spaces for me to chart their good behaviour as well as their naughty behaviour. I am hoping that this visual aid will help them to behave better. We'll see!

Also, the piece-work has been going…slow. There is lots of it to do, but I just can't do it quickly enough to be worth my while. Even when I sit down at the table, with no distractions, my fingers just can't move quick enough. Well, I'll have to go out with my resumés again this week. I'll try some coffee shops and pubs, as has been my plan. But I'll also get in touch with some balloon modellers to see if I can get some balloon gigs.

Anyways, I'm off to do some knitting before I turn in. I'm doing socks!


It's a sock, I swear!

1 comment:

Tom|Collver said...

well, I hope for your sake it turns out to be a sock... because right now, it sort of looks like a giant yarn toilet plunger cover (although, that may not be the worst idea in the world either...?)