1/5/10

First Day Back in Brum… and there's snow? I thought that was a 'Canada Thing'?

Do-do-do-do doot-doot x do-do-do-doot x doo-doo-doot doot doot doot— Hello, hello! (I don't know how to effectively type the sound of me singing 'The Cat Empire's' song…)

Before I begin properly, I just want to say that I already miss all my friends and family at home in Canada a lot, and I've only been back in the UK for about 38 hours. PTL for Skype, Facebook and Email!

Today is my first full day back in Birmingham and man, I did not get the chance to have an easy start at all! I woke up at 6:30 am, which to my body felt like 1:30 am as I am jet-lagged from my journey. I took Youngest to the nursery, but both Middle and Oldest stayed home from school because they don't start until tomorrow. After a mid-morning argument about the tv use for the day, we played 'Pictionary Man' and a couple of other games. That's when we noticed the snow! It was falling heavily, thick and fluffy! So, we got on our snow gear and went out to enjoy it. The girls made a snowman while I took some photos. They kept saying over and over that 'there will be no school tomorrow' and that 'it never snows in England!' It was nice to go out and play because, while we did have snow in Canada, it was very cold and much too powdery for making snowballs.



 We took a bit of the break in the afternoon to watch a movie, but then it was off to pick up Youngest. I was pooped by 6:00!

Although I cried and cried at the airport and it was really sad to get on a plane and fly away from my home, I am glad to be back for a bit. I am excited to see my friends, especially Aussie, and it will be nice to get back to Oxfam, too.

Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

redhaireddesigner said...

i'm glad you are excited to be back and having a good time. the kids are cute and the snow looks like tons of fun. i hope you get a better winter coat soon!!!!!

ps. my word verification was "crest". wow. it's actually a real word for once!