1/5/10

My New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve.

Some say it is an odd thing to celebrate. To quote a fellow social media contributor: "Universe is 14 billion years old. Seems silly to celebrate one year. Be like having a (fiddlesticking) parade every time i take a piss."

Others relish the opportunity to look the future full in the face and put the past in the past. It seems like the majority of my facebook friends wished everyone a 'Happy New Year' on Dec.31-Jan 1. Except for my little brother. His status read: "sick on new year's… dang."


I happen to like New Year's. Even though midnight doesn't seem as late as it did when I was 10, it's still exciting to watch the clock strike 12 and to shout "Happy New Year!" while wearing silly hats and drinking champagne. My New Year's celebration combined so many of my favourite things!


First, it involved my good friend, Laura! She is definitely one of my favourites! We met up at the Music Hall on the Danforth to see 'The Toxic Avenger', a musical about a nerdy environmentalist who becomes a super-strong mutant after being dunked in a vat of toxic waste. It was hilarious— a bit gruesome— but so, so funny!


After the show, we headed down the street to an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant. I don't think I need to describe my love of sushi. After dinner, we headed back to Laura's house where we watched one of my favourite British films: 'Bridget Jones' Diary'.


Soon after the movie was finished, Laura's guests arrived. Her wonderful boyfriend, Lee, and two of his friends. That's when the party really started! We were ready to go by then! We got all loosened up and then we broke out the boardgames! We played Bananagrams and Clue and Cranium, oh my! We were having such a great time that we missed the countdown. So, we had our own… with some Bambino, haha. P.S. Check out the Bambino link, it's actually hilarious.


See, I put 'i's' in my eyes! bahaha


Thank you, Laura, for such a great night! (and for the photos! I hope it's okay that I stole them :P)

1 comment:

redhaireddesigner said...

i love when you steal them, cause i love to see them used and blogged about.

i loved this blog. i loved being in your blog. :)

miss you love. i could not have asked for a better new years!