12/1/09

A Perfect Sunday and the First Frost

Hello, my dears!

I had just a lovely Sunday! After church, I went out for a pub lunch with some of my friends from church. It was great to relax in a cozy English pub with some roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and beer. I highly recommend this Sunday experience.

When I got home, I worked on some of my homemade Christmas gifts. I finished Oldest's cellphone case and it turned out sooo well! It fits her phone perfectly! I knit my final tea cozy while watching some Sunday afternoon TV, mostly wedding shows and a bit of Supernanny. I also got to talk to a couple of friends, which was entirely lovely! It's so nice to chat and catch up. I also got to talk to my Mom and Dad about our Christmas plans. They had rum balls for breakfast. Yep. That's about right. I love my parents.




In the evening, I went bowling (that was nearly a typographic disaster) with The Dad, Oldest, Middle and Youngest. Every time I go bowling, I remember how much fun it is, even if you suck. It was 10-pin, which is so much more satisfying, because there are 2ce as many pins to knock down as I am used to, which makes it easier to feel like I am accomplishing something. I had a lot of fun!

This morning, I woke up to the first frost! It is so unbelievingly cold here!!! I know it's probably colder in Canada, but it is definitely at least 6 degrees colder today than it has been since I've been here! I don't have any toques here right now, so I will have to get a couple while I'm home. For now I'll wrap my scarf around my head.

I made some cakes (cupcakes) with the girls today. Oldest got this amazing gourmet cupcake book for her birthday, so I picked a recipe out of there. The Mum got this delicious vanilla extract (actual vanilla, YUM!), so I made vanilla cupcakes with dark chocolate icing. They are perfect. I mean, they may not look like Sarah Yoon's amazing creations, but I did make them under the direction of an 11-year-old and an 8-year-old.

No comments: