12/10/09

Shameful

To my male readers… and maybe some of the female ones,

I just wanted to confirm that women do generally appreciate the odd compliment about our appearances. And there is an appropriate way to make your opinions known. For example, why not mention something like 'you are looking lovely today' or 'I really like the way you are dressed' or even 'you are having a great hair day'. However, some people like to use more…lewd methods in making their appreciation apparent. For example, today, as I walked down the High St to the Sainsbury's a man waiting at the bus whistled at me. Just don't do it, gentlemen (and ladies). Just don't. Please. Pretty please. It's just…unbecoming.


Borrowed from www.motifake.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's unbecoming is listing compliments-wished based solely on outer appearances, and none pertaining to inner personality.

I think your warm heart is beautiful in this world, Sarah.

sarahtp said...

Thank you, Andrew!

I totally agree with you, I would much rather people look beyond my appearance, but I wanted to mention that these kinds of compliments can be given in a way that is appropriate.