12/13/09

Carols in the City


I'm feeling a bit poorly. I've got a head cold and a sore throat. Yuck.

On Friday, I was not feeling well at all. I felt quite dizzy, so I spent most of the day lying in bed. I felt much better in the evening, so I whipped up the balloon angel costume (pictured below) and headed out to a Christmas Fancy-dress party, hosted by my church's students and 20's group. There were some pretty good costumes: one of the three Magi, a Christmas tree, a gift… and a whole bunch of 'elves' (people dress in red or green wearing Santa hats). We did a Christmas quiz! It was awesome. Apart from the rounds about UK Christmas No. 1's, I was ruling the quiz! Man, do I know Christmas, haha. I didn't get home until quite late.



Saturday, I slept in quite late and woke up with a sore throat. But I bundled myself up and gathered up my balloons and headed to the Bull Ring. Oasis Church was taking part in a city-wide event called 'Carols in the City'. Many of the churches in the city participated. Each church was assigned a part of the city centre, giving out balloons, face-painting, singing carols and promoting the evening's event: A massive open-air carol service with a live band! It was just so cool to see the churches so visible in the city! I really enjoyed singing carols all day and getting to know some more people from church. We sang all the greats: Joy to the World, O Come All Ye Faithful, Away in a Manger, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlement. It was CLASSIC! In the evening, I watched the X-Factor final with Middle… which is actually not finished yet… it continues tonight… I'm watching it right now, actually.

Today, my sore throat has been joined by nasal congestion and a headache, yay! Consequently, I didn't get much sleep last night. I went to my last Oasis Sunday of '09 and then I met Aussie for a pub lunch in King's Heath. She is also feeling ill; we were both sniffling and clearing our throats over our roasts. It was nice to just sit and chat. I am so grateful to have become friends with Aussie. She has really helped me to settle in over here! I'm sure we'll go on lots more adventures in 2010!

Bah, it's another Mop-Day tomorrow. I'd better get my beauty rest.

1 comment:

Tom|Collver said...

get better soon!!