12/4/09

I am entertained!

You alrigh'? (That's how they greet you in this country)

On Thursday, I went to Oxfam. There is one lovely lady there who has been trying to get me to try on this dress in the window for WEEKS! So, I finally put it on. It is really cute. It has an empire waist, a sash and a tiered skirt and is in a lovely coffee coloured taffeta. It was quite big on me, though, so I'd have to get it tailored. They were all telling me I should buy it, but I think I'll leave it for someone else… but if it's still there next week…

Today, I finished my Christmas shopping!!! (except for one specially-requested chocolate bar). So, I packed up all my goodies and tea-cozies into my suitcase, which will soon be filled with all my clothes for coming home!

It is Middle's birthday sleepover tonight, so she has 2 friends over. They went to see 'Planet 51' and tomorrow, they will go to 'Build a Bear Workshop'. I was having second thoughts about the fashion portfolio gift I made her…

Yesterday, I was talking to her in the car and she told me that she didn't like girly things. I asked her if she wanted to be a fashion designer and she said 'no'. I was a bit worried about it, but I found some more of her design drawings int he study, so I added them to her portfolio. It all turned out well, though! She really liked her gift! And I think the Mum was pretty impressed with it as well. Yay!

Tonight, I went out to an event called 'Impact', that is put on by the uni-aged group at Oasis church. They had a couple of solo artists, one gentlemen that I've seen at Oasis before who sang with another young lady from church.  The other, Ross Davies (search his name on myspace) blew me away with his guitar playing! Unfortunately, the sound was a bit muffled, so I couldn't really understand what he was saying.

The headlining band was 'The Black and Reds'. They were fantastic! The band is made up of a drummer and a guitarist and holy moly, they can entertain! They just had so much energy! Their audience was quite small and relatively quiet, but they played as if they were trying to reach an entire stadium full of fans. I highly recommend checking out their stuff online. I tried writing a bit of a review on their music, but I really couldn't describe their sound without being super cheesy, so just check them out yourself!

Tomorrow, I am going to a footy match (soccer game). Aston Villa vs. Hull City. I have been advised to dress warmly and to take something to sit on. I shall arrive at the pitch prepared. More on that tomorrow night.

No comments: