2/10/10

Trips and Princesses

Today, I had the immense pleasure of speaking to some of my friends about the trip we are taking around the UK this summer. In preparation, I spent the morning researching tours, travel times, and potential stops on our tour. It is exciting to finally begin planning the trip we've been talking about for months!!! We have a tentative route mapped out already! I am pumped!

On Friday, Oldest and Middle are having 'Hats for Haiti' day at school. They will pay £1 to wear a hat for the day with all the proceeds going to support aid in Haiti. Middle's not too bothered about hat day, I think she's just going to wear her winter hat. She's too preoccupied with preparing for the arrival of her new pet, an African pygmy hedgehog named Lily. She's really doing her research. For days, she has been reading about how to feed and bathe a hedgehog, what should be in the hedgehog's cage and all their favourite activities. I hope it lasts! Oldest's rabbit had already become old news. Anyways, back to hat day. Oldest wanted me to help her papier maché a balloon so she could make a propeller hat or something. She asked me to help her on Monday… it is now Wednesday and she has made no progress on her hat. Tonight, she asked me if I could make her hat for her tomorrow, as she has to make a repeat trip to the dentist's for a filling. Obviously, as I am neither her slave or her mother, I said 'no'. I'll help her, but I'm not doing it for her… it's not even homework. So, Oldest and I had a bit of an argument. After she cried to The Mum and had a bit of a breather, she decided to come back and ask for my help again. I suggested making a princess-y hat. So, this is what we did:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice cap! She kind of looks not soooo enthused. Do the parents take your side or the childrens'?

sarahtp said...

For the most part, they take mine, because they both know how their children can behave.

She's actually doing a 'cool' face in that picture… like raising one eyebrow or something… I think.