2/16/10

Half Term Day 2

I got up around 7:00 this morning to get Youngest some breakfast, but The Dad was soon awake and told me to go back up to my room and have a lie-in. That was nice, but it didn't last long. About an hour later (I guess that is long), I was awoken from me dreams by the dulcet tones of Middle and Oldest arguing over the laptop computer. I ran downstairs to pry them apart and ban them from the computer for the day. Soon, The Dad took all three kids out for Oldest's idea of a good time: a walk in the country. (She even took milk to attract fairies and salt to repel them). While they were out, I did Monday's cleaning… well, a half-ass version of Monday's cleaning. I swept and mopped, but that's about it. I showered quickly and headed to Oxfam (an hour and a half late). I love Oxfam. The interim manager even let me take a bunch of hats and scarves to give to the street team at church. The street team goes out into the city to talk to homeless people, so they will be able to give the hats and scarves out to help alleviate the biting cold a bit.

Later, I came home to finish up some ironing before choir! I also love choir. I am able to keep up with the music, but it's still challenging, so I really have a good time there!

Last night before bed, I watched the Men's Snowboard Cross competition. It was INTENSE! Canada had 4 Canadians in the top 16, so I had fun watching every race in the 1/4 final. The final race was sooo good! Mike Roberston, the Canadian, was leading right up until the end when Seth Wescott, American, cut in front. Oh, man. I love the Olympics!


P.S. I have finished Shona's banner for her blog! Check it out here!

1 comment:

redhaireddesigner said...

i love the blog title you designer. peeerrrfection!!!!