2/17/10

Half Term Day 3

I am slowly going crazy 1-2-3-4-5-6-switch…

I wasn't sure about what I would be responsible for today as far as childcare goes, but I knew The Mum would be home for a bit today. But other than a 30 min. run at midday, I was pretty much responsible for all 3 England children (plus one of Oldest's friends) until about 4pm, as The Mum had to get in a work-out and a job interview.

In the morning, we had 'beach day'. We spread out some beach towels on the heated floor in the kitchen and made ankle bracelets. I also made some balloon palm trees and monkeys to add to the effect and Middle found some relaxing beach sounds on YouTube. I was hoping it would be nice and relaxing, but Oldest soon turned our lax schedule into a very structured 'Couple's Retreat'-esque morning. I would like to know what kinds of beaches she's been to, because she had planned events like 'serenity and balance', 'yoga and meditation', and 'jewellery-making exravanganza'. There were a few tiffs between the children about the activities, but eventually, after Oldest's friend arrived, the children all found something to entertain themselves. Youngest watched 'Spiderman' for the 8th time this week, Middle played 'Sims' and Oldest and her friend were soon immersed in a game of pretending they were someone-elses somewhere-else. When The Mum came home, I slipped in to the living room to watch last night's 'BRIT Awards', which I had Sky +ed (like TiVo). I'm not sure The Mum was too impressed at my sudden disappearance…oops. I have since had to resolve more than a few arguments between Middle and Oldest and am now exhausted and ready to go to bed. No Olympics tonight, I'm too tired (although I SO enjoyed watching Maelle Ricker win a gold medal last night in Snowboard-Cross!)
 
image from here

I would like to apologize that the blog has been almost exclusively about the children and the Olympics for the past few days… but nothing else has happened in my life— gah!

3 comments:

redhaireddesigner said...

lol, yeah but you do fun things with the kids so it's still fun to read about!

i love the Olympics but i can barely watch any of it what with no cable and no time :(

miss you!

Anonymous said...

Gotta watch yourself! You're not a teenager any more ;) kidding

Tom|Collver said...

Olympics ROCK... oh, and so does Canada.... what what!!!