2/6/10

I Want it To Be Free

Since I spent the weekend away last weekend, I decided to kind stay in the city and not spend any dosh at all.

Friday was free! In fact, I made some money with some piece-work in the evening. After doing a bit of extra cleaning in the morning, I went for a run—for free— in the lovely local park. It was a bit cold out, but the sun was shining! I am going to have to start running a bit farther, because I am getting home a lot sooner than I used to. I guess I'm doing a lot more running than walking.

I got myself de-sweatified and all doodied up to go to a FREE concert at the Barber Institute for Fine Arts. It was a cello concert and I enjoyed it… but to be honest, I did dose off a bit. oops… After the concert, I took a free stroll in the gallery at the Barber. It's a nice gallery! There is a great variety of art and (my favourite part) each piece has a little plaque telling you about the artist and the piece itself. I get a bit frustrated in galleries that don't give any information about the artwork. It was a lovely free day! And thanks to Skype, I also had a nice FREE chat with my Mom & Dad and my brother! Although, I did end up booking my flight to Paris, so I guess I did spend some money there.

Today was a little less free, unfortunately. I had a lie-in that was interrupted slightly by the kids… my door is not very sound-proof. I met Aussie at our favourite pub for lunch, where I had fish and chips and I tried 'mushy peas' for the first time (not free). Later, we went to the Birmingham Nature Centre (which is actually just a small zoo). For some reason, I thought the admission was free, but… it wasn't. But it was only £3, so I didn't feel so bad. It was great! They had this adorable red panda that was running and climbing all over his enclosure. They had goats and sheep and lemurs and mice and porcupines and parrots and a lynx and otters and a beaver and snakes and lots of other animals. I'll have to visit again when it's warm.

And now, for one of my countrymen…

No comments: