2/3/10

This is February 3rd 2010


Today is Wednesday. It's the middle of the week and accordingly, my day was middle of the road. The girls were quite well-behaved while getting ready this morning, but Youngest definitely got up on the wrong side of the bed. For the past few weeks, I've been getting him to dress himself as much as possible, but this morning, he wasn't having it. He squealed and cried at the prospect of putting on each article of clothing. But all of the sudden he was fine again. After the school-run, I did a bit of grocery shopping and came home to tidy the kitchen. Later, I spent some time on all my favourite social-media sites before getting dressed for a run. I even put on my new waist-pack… but then, after the cleaner told me that it was supposed to snow, I got undressed again and had a hot shower… followed by a long nap.

When I woke up, I headed out for my afternoon school-run. Middle had her tutor's lesson today, so to kill time before her lesson, I took the kids to Harborne High St for some treats at Gregg's (a yummy bakery where I like to go for Cornish pasties and chicken bakes). There was the usual whinging about who got what and how big each treat was and 'but, Sarah, I didn't get one of those'. Youngest made the most fuss, crying when I gave him the treat he had chosen because he wanted Middle's instead. But everybody was soon happy and a little less hungry.
Although we got lost on the way home from the tutor's, we eventually got home and— wait, I'm getting an emergency bulletin: ATTENTION MOM AND FORMER ROOMMATES: I MADE PERFECT RICE! okay, okay, it was with the assistance of a rice-cooker, but honestly, it's the first time I've eaten my own rice that wasn't severely undercooked or mushy and tasteless. It's an achievement— made tea for the kids. Of course, Youngest, being in a bit of a funk all day, refused to eat his. So, I sat with him, for about an hour, until he had shoved most of his Szechuan pork, rice and veggies down his mini maw. During tea, I called The Dad to make sure Middle had a ride home from her tutors and he picked up the phone saying 'Hello, Sweety' and was promptly embarrassed when he realized I was on the other end instead of his wife.
I sneaked up to my room around 7 and added a 'Wales' patch to my back pack and am curling up to watch a bit of 'The Grammys' before turning in. (Yes, I know The Grammys is airing late here, but at least it's airing!)

Well, I'm off to Bedfordshire.

No comments: