2/7/10

Sunday is always a Fun day

Hellooo, there.

It is a cold and crisp Sunday afternoon here in Birmingham. My day began with a morning worshiping God and praying and hearing a great message at church. Then, I met up with some of my church friends to go for lunch at one of the pubs in the area of town that is mostly inhabited by students. It was a bit of a different group out for lunch today, so I was able to chat with some new people. I also got to catch up with a friend that I hadn't seen in about a month, so that was nice, too. I had a delicious English standard for my lunch: bangers and mash (that's sausages and mashed potatoes).

I was so impressed by the menus at this pub!!! They were colourful and stylish and I wish I had designed them! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on me, so I couldn't take a photo. It put me in a bit of a design-y mood, though, so I came home to design a banner for Shona's blog. Here it is so far, let me know what you think (obviously the subtitle will change):
  
P.S. Tom— help! Why is this jpg blurry? I am hopeless with web stuff. 

3 comments:

Tom|Collver said...

hahaha it's actually not that blurry. Diagonal lines will always look more pixely than you want them to... and type at that size is going to look a bit blurry no matter what as well.

You done good, kid :)

Anonymous said...

Apparently I also knew about Mumford and Sons before you, too! I'm being prideful... but maybe you should be like, every once in a while, "Hey Andrew! What's some good tunage?" And I'll list you off some goods. For example: Jennie Abrahamson or Abrhamson. i forget. She's Swedish. English singing. Wonderful.

sarahtp said...

I'll check her out.

I love Mumford and Sons! I checked out their tour dates to see if I could catch a show, but their only date that's not currently sold out is their show at 'Lee's Palace' in Toronto. boo.