3/31/10

Easter Break

So, I am pretty jealous of the British school holiday schedule. These guys get a week off half-way between each term and a break at the end of each term, too! Today, the England kids started their Easter break. They are off until April 19th!

God was definitely answering some prayers of mine today. I have been feeling so tired for the past few days, just completely shattered! And in effect, I have been pretty grumpy, too. I knew today would be a challenge, so I prayed that God would wake me up and give me some patience and love for these kids! Not only was I full of energy today, I only shouted at the kids once! Crazy. I know that the Spirit's been helping me today, because I totally get way too frustrated to not shout!

Today, I had Youngest all day and I picked the girls up at noon. We all had a nice time at lunch… it was pretty chill. I made them whatever they wanted for lunch and they actually ate it all! Then, I had a nice surprise for their dessert: 'Corners' yogurt in their favourite flavour, strawberry shortcake. After that, they did a little Easter-egg hunt in the kitchen that I had set up for them. I even made them some bunny and swan balloons and set up the 'pin-the-egg-on-the-bunny' we used at church on Sunday.

Later, we went back to 'Hickory Dickory's' for some play-time. It was a good day… until I forgot to take Middle to her tutor's—yikes! But then I played with Willow and forgot all about it :P

No comments: