3/24/10

Hello Man Sitting in the Park

It was raining quite heavily this morning, but after I had finished the ironing for the day, the sun came out! I convinced myself to go for a run (it always takes a lot of convincing I hate exercise more than Oprah). I ran down to the local park, which is looking more beautiful every day as the trees grow little buds and the first crocuses of Spring blanket the grass. Soon, the paddle boats will be available to rent for paddling around the fountains and more and more people will be seen sitting on the many park benches and walking their dogs. Warm weather is on it's way!

I discovered last week that my Visa makes me eligible to volunteer to work with Oxfam at some of the UK's summer music festivals! I applied to work in the Oxfam shop at the Isle of Wight Festival, Glastonbury Festival, and Bestival. Festivals have become the thing to do in the UK if you are a music fan and I definitely am! There are so many great bands playing these events, but obviously I am most excited to see Mumford & Sons! I have been listening to their album all day today. It is beautiful.

I will have to turn my weekend trips into staycations so I can save $ for my crazy summer!

4 comments:

Tom|Collver said...

I hope your post title is a reference to the Flight of the Concords song....

Anonymous said...

"staycatians"! Wonderful!

sarahtp said...

Haha, yes. It's Jenny!

Tom|Collver said...

YES!!!!