3/12/10

My Day with Youngest

Today, both The Mum and The Dad had to work today, so I had the privilege of spending my day with Mr.Youngest while the girls were at school. It was kind of fun, actually.

After some early morning television, Youngest and I took a little walk into Moseley to do some shopping for fruits and veggies. I also treated him to some chocolate milk and a magazine. He doesn't really like magazines per se, but he really likes the toys that come with them. Today, it was some kind of mini action figure, a toy gun and a 'toxic snot'-coloured pen. We stopped at the new French café beside the supermarket for a cookie (and a coffee for me). This new café is lovely! It is decorated so nicely, with Art Nouveau posters and has a great selection of pastries and baked-goods and they even play 1930's French music. I'll definitely be making regular visits… especially if they set up wifi. It started to rain on the way home, so we had to pick up the pace so avoid getting too wet.

After we dried off, I made us some eggs for lunch. I had an egg and cheese sandwich and Youngest had a dippy-egg—I had no idea what a 'dippy-egg' was before I came to England, although I'm sure I must have eaten one or two as a child. A dippy-egg is a soft-boiled egg into which you dip toasty, buttered 'soldiers'.

Later still, we went back to that giant indoor playground where we have been many times. It was a great idea, since I had to forgo my usual Friday run to hang out with Youngest. I definitely got a lot of exercise chasing the boy up the ladders, down the slides, through the ball-pits and around the trampolines.

I am exhausted now, though. Thankfully, The Mum was at the girls' school at 4pm to help out with the school's 'disco', so I dropped him off so I could have a couple hours of rest before they all arrived home. *yawn* I'll sleep well tonight!

2 comments:

the Mom said...

Dippy eggs? Yes Sarah, you have eaten them, but over here they are just plain old soft boiled eggs. When I was Alex's age, my mom would serve them with "railroad ties" which was buttered bread cut into fingers and dipped into the egg. - The name "dippy eggs" makes sense when you are trying to convince a kid to eat his eggs - it just sounds more fun to eat

Anonymous said...

runny egg yolks are delicious! Questionably nutritious... but delicious regardless