11/7/09

Happy Birthday, Dear Aussie…

I had a pretty great day today!

First, I had a bit of a lie-in (I slept in) and when I got up, I went into King's Heath to check out the Farmer's Market. It wasn't very good. I was expecting so much better because the Moseley Farmer's Market is apparently phenomenal. I bought some apple juice and headed back home. Then, I went into Oxfam to steam my dress for Aussie's party and ended up staying for the rest of the afternoon to help out. We got so much done, it was great! But, when I left… I forgot my dress!! I didn't realize until about 45 minutes later, when I had come home and showered. By that time, Oxfam was closed! I didn't mind wearing something else, but it was ironic that I had forgotten the dress at Oxfam when the only reason I went to the shop in the first place was to steam the dress!!


Anyways, I had fun with my curling iron tonight (see left) and broke out the bronzer one last time before winter. We met with a group of Aussie's friends (most of them from Oasis) at an Indian restaurant in Moseley. The food was great, but the arrangements were not what Aussie had ordered. She had booked a private room upstairs, but they told her that another party was using that room and they set up a long table at the front of the restaurant… right by the door. We still had fun, though. One of the girls bought Aussie this thing that puts gems in your hair. She bought it as a joke gift, and we had a riot reading the instructions, but the jewels actually looked very nice.

After dinner, we went for drinks at The Cross and then Aussie, Liverpool and I got a ride into the city to go to the Jam House. The Jam House is FANTASTIC! Those of you who are coming to the UK while I am here must accompany me on an evening out at the Jam House. It took about 30-40 minutes for us to get in, but it was worth it. There was a live band, the Subterraneans and a great DJ. The band covered a whole bunch of different songs: Living on a Prayer, 1000 Miles, Vertigo, Sex on Fire… they were great! And the DJ was so different from anything I've ever heard at a club. He actually played full songs and it was a huge variety (not all to my taste, he played Dolly Parton's 9 to 5 at one point). Towards the end of the night, he pulled out some Elvis, The Foundations and even Dean Martin. It wasn't your typical club music, but it was so fun to dance to. It was a place the Pattersons would totally love to go and dance up a storm! I had a fabulous time!

Well, it is almost 4 am here, so I am off to dreamland (as opposed to daydreamland, where I spent most of my time)!

Good Night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow… 

okay, it's morrow. Bye!

No comments: