11/3/09

Granny Days

Tonight was our worst quiz yet. It was horrible! We played our Joker (gets you double the points) on a round that we scored very poorly on and then answered another round brilliantly! I am going to blame our losing on our being foreign. The quiz is appropriately geared towards English people, so it's really not a surprise that Aussie and I do so poorly. But there were a few rounds when we only scored 1 or 2 out of 10! We'll have to watch more news, I guess. And maybe play a bit of UK Trivial Pursuit, if there is such a thing. It was fun, though!

I have recently been attempting to knit a tea cozy. It hasn't been going overly well. I have had to restart and untangle a couple times, but I think I am finally on the right track!

Today, I woke up with a sore shoulder. It got worse when I was ironing (I know, not the most strenuous activity). I took a couple of Ibuprofen and spent the afternoon on the couch activating and registering my bank accounts and insurance. I think it might be from lifting bags of treasure (clothes) at Oxfam, or perhaps from moving the couch in the kitchen when I mopped the floor yesterday. Anyways, it's pretty painful, so if it continues, I will have to go to the clinic to have it checked out.

I have just read the previous paragraphs and have realized that it' s quite a boring post. I mean, tea cozies and shoulder pain? You'd think I was a granny! I apologize, I guess my life hasn't been very exciting the last couple of days. But never fear, excitement is on the way! This weekend, I am going to a birthday dinner and then out to a place called the 'Jam House' for dancing. It will be pretty sweet! Also, Thursday is November 5… which means Guy Fawkes Day, more commonly known as Fireworks Day!

No comments: