5/30/10

Shona comes to Brum!

Hello, friends. So I've had a bit of a rough week here in Birmingham (maybe I can tell you over the phone later), so I was so excited to have my good friend Shona come to visit for the weekend! Shona and I met at York U. The first time I saw her, I knew she was a kindred spirit and that we would soon become bosom friends like Anne and Diana (I've been reading Anne of Green Gables this week). Shona has been going to school in Swansea, on the South coast of Wales, for the past semester. As you may remember, I went to go see her in Feb.

Yesterday, we took a stroll around the city centre so I could show her some of the sights. I wanted to take her for a long walk around Moseley, but it was wet and windy, so I thought sticking to the city would be a better idea. We had a nice long catch-up over some tea and hot chocolate. Later, we met up with Aussie and had delicious burgers for dinner. We were exploring the canals a bit and noticed a boat tour that we decided to try the next day. Even though the weather hadn't really improved, we went for a stroll in Cannon Hill Park and even explored the MAC a little bit. I actually had a hard time remembering all that, because really, it was just a great day of conversation and catching up.  I loved hearing all about her trip to Europe, her life in Swansea and all the friends she's made there.

Today, I took Shona to church with me and we met up with Aussie and Bill. We took a walk around the canals at Brindley place, had some lunch on a canal boat and even took a ride on a canal bus for a tour. Although it is a bit windy today, the sun is shining and the sky is blue— perfect for a tour of the canals.

I didn't want to say goodbye to Shona when I dropped her off at the bus depot, but I know I will see her soon when we are both back home in our true, North, strong and free.

No comments: