5/26/10

Quiz Masters

Lat night, Germany and I went to the quiz. Well, I went to the quiz… and it looked as though I was going to play by myself, so I joined an older couple, Judy and Peter, who were looking for a young brain to help them out. Germany showed up half-way through the first round, so we had a pretty well-rounded team. It was really cool to get to know them and to learn from them! Peter is English through and through and he knows his football and oldies music. Judy has lived most of her life in South Africa, but she knows all about current events! It was a delightful evening and Germany and I are planning on meeting up with them again next week!

Oh yeah, I also finished a great book today: 'Hunting Unicorns' by Bella Pollen. It's a love story that happens around the events of a Newsline reporter trying to get a dirty story about the declining British Upper Class.  I definitely recommend it— especially if you are interested in the British Upper Classes. Although it doesn't quite have that carefree Jeeves & Wooster feeling, it does show posh old Brits in a very human light. It's a good 'un! (pic from bellapollen.com)

And now that I've read about the English, I think I'll move on to something a little more close to home. I've picked up the well-read copy of 'Anne of Green Gables' I found in the study downstairs… I can't remember the last time (or any time) I read it. *sigh* But it still feels familiar, somehow. 

No comments: