5/6/10

My Music Wishlist

Hello! This has been a house of illness for the past couple of weeks! Last week, it was youngest with Conjunctivitis, but now, Middle has some kind of stomach bug that had her puking up all her food yesterday, the poor girl. So, I am home again reading 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader' and listening to the radio (not at the same time because my brain cannot take in the words of C.S. Lewis and pay attention to awesome music simultaneously).

The British make some awesome music, there is NO doubt about that! I am making a concerted effort to save all the money I can for my upcoming travel plans, so I have had to resist purchasing every track my ears enjoy. But I have been making a list of songs and albums for purchase in the future:

*Note: I have discovered that some of these artists are not British… but I heard them here first, so the count!

1) Single: Radar Detector, Darwin Deez

2) Album: Lungs, Florence and the Machine

3) Album: Only Revolutions, Biffy Clyro
(Check out the new single from this album! It's called 'Bubbles', which sounds a bit wimpy and lame, but it's actually rugged and Scottish)


4) Single: Superfast Jellyfish, Gorillaz

5) Single: Nothin' on You, BoB

6) Album: The Family Jewels, Marina and the Diamonds

7) Singles: Stay too Long and She Said, Plan B

8) Album: Turn it Up, Pixie Lott

9) Album: The Chaos, The Futureheads
(I love this song: 'Heartbeat Song')


10) Single: Death by Diamonds and Pearls, Band of Skulls

Today is election day in Britain. Aussie's school is closed because it is being used as a polling station, so she came over for lunch. We also made delicious vanilla cupcakes with lemon icing mmmmm. I'm going to bring them along to small group tonight!

1 comment:

Beth said...

thanks to this entry, i just purchased Biffy Clyro. and am tempted to purchase more. but must resist...