4/22/10

Books and Television

I am now re-reading C.S. Lewis's 'The Chronicles of Narnia' from beginning to end. I am almost finished the second installment, and most popular chronicle of the series, 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe'. As a child, I never saw the Biblical references, but I am getting them now, bahaha.

I am enjoying Glee at the moment. Check it out, if you haven't already! Also, there is a show airing now on SkyTV that just entertains me completely. 'Pineapple Dance Studios' is a completely (sometimes unbelievingly) true documentary that occasionally has some staged dance numbers. It centres around the lives of some of the studio's key players such as Artistic Director, Louie Spence (who reminds me of one my my ex-roommates from uni), choreographer Mark Battershall, and dance instructor and wannabe popstar, Andrew Stone. This show is hilarious… especially any bits related to Andrew Stone and his band 'Starman'.



Tonight in small group, we talked about the message from Sunday, when we read a bit of the book of Esther. We talked a lot about living for today and the situations we are in now. One person said she had read somehwhere 'wherever you are, be ALL there'— this is definitely a good saying for me to have tucked away in my head. I spend so much of the time planning for next week, or this summer, or next year… sometimes I'm not planning, I'm just daydreaming about a future that will surely not happen the way I imagine it. I think I will adopt this mantra and try to live it. Another person said 'know your season and do it well'. So, for me, I am working as an au pair and experiencing life in another part of the world. Instead of doing a half-ass job looking after the kids and cleaning this house, I will try to do it to my best ability. Instead of wasting my £ on sweets and eating out, I will save it for travel. And I will keep a look out for opportunities God is giving me to live the life he has for me today… not the life he has for me a few months down the line.

2 comments:

Tom|Collver said...

which ex-roomie does Louie remind you of??

sarahtp said...

Haha— don't worry, not you! Remember that dancing man that I lived with in Pond Rd?