6/30/10

Travellin' on…

I booked my flight home last night. I'm flying with Icelandair because their luggage restrictions are the least restricting of any airline I've seen! However, I am still having a bit of a hard time condensing my belongings into two large suitcases. I have accumulated quite the wardrobe from my little Oxfam charity shop. *sigh* I'll just have to be brutal and toss anything I don't wear often.

My sense of style has definitely changed since my move to Angleterre. In university, I wore jeans almost every day and now you will rarely see me in anything but a skirt or a dress. I am definitely a bit more girly now… or maybe womanly, since the word 'girly' evokes pink frills and butterflies, which is definitely NOT how I would describe my wardrobe. I guess that also comes with growing my hair from a short, sleek bob into long, soft, curls. Anyway, I have already taken 3 carrier bags of clothes to Oxfam to make room in my suitcases!

I have been watching/listening to a lot of the Glastonbury coverage on the BBC Glastonbury site. There is sooo much good stuff on there, so check it out. I highly recommend Stevie Wonder's set and  the Scissor Sisters' set (even though it is a bit rude) One band that didn't get covered is Stornoway (which is my new favourite). So, sadly, I can't pretend that I heard them live :( The following tune (recorded live somewhere other than Glasto) is one of their best songs and it talks about traveling through life, so it has been appropriate for me to listen to as I anticipate my upcoming voyages.

No comments: