2/13/11

Napanee

This weekend, I took a little drive to see my cousin Pete and his lovely fiancée and my dear friend, Mallory. Mal and Pete are getting married in June and have asked me to sing at during their ceremony-- how could I turn down such an honour?!

It was my first visit to their darling little house in the heart of Avril Lavigne country. On Friday night, I spent some time with Mal and her sister, Kristen, and Kristen's two little boys. After breakfast-for-dinner at Denny's (where Pete works), Mal and I flipped through her massive pile of Bridal magazines while watching 'Say Yes to the Dress' and 'Four Weddings' on TLC. It was the perfect girly night-in. I also got a little sneak peak at her wedding dress! Mal also asked me who I am bringing as my date… I hadn't thought of that, actually…

On Saturday we met up with three of Mallory's four bridesmaids to check out some potential bridesmaids dresses. Unfortunately, we were out of luck. I guess the spring and summer collections haven't made their way to Belleville yet. Hopefully they'll be able to find something soon— the wedding's in less than 4 months! It was really nice to have a girls day and hang out with this great bunch of ladies!

Later on, Mal's maid of honour, Jen, joined us back at Mal and Pete's for some homemade pizza,  a couple rounds of 'Bananagrams' and this sweet game that they have for their wii called 'Just Dance'. I'm not really a fan of DDR or dance battling in general, but I had so much fun with this game! Later, we got to try out our moves at the local bar, 'The Queens'. There was a live band playing, but while the band had all the high tech gear, like wireless amps and headphones for their monitors… they left a little bit to be desired. But we still had a good time rockin' out… even though I didn't recognize any of the country tunes.

This morning, Mal made some delicious crepes for breakfast, complete with fresh kiwis, bananas and strawberries. Unfortunately, I had to say 'goodbye' because it was about a 3-hour drive back to Newmarket. Can't wait to see them at their 'Jack and Jill' in June!

--ooh, gotta go, the Grammys are on! I'm excited to see 'Mumford & Sons'! 



No comments: