8/30/10

Hot As

The temperature here in Southern Ontario has risen dramatically in the past couple of days. It is sizzlingly satisfying to finally be experiencing real summer temperatures. I was down in one of my favourite parts of Toronto for an interview this morning. When I emerged from the air conditioned office building onto Spadina Avenue, I was welcomed with a wave of tasty summer heat. I just love it. Even though it was close to 40 C with the humidex, I did not want to escape the sauna I found on the hot Toronto streets. I stopped at Springrolls on Queen St. for lunch and instead of joining the rest of the lunch-time diners in the dark, cool restaurant, I asked to be seated out on the patio under a shady red umbrella. I enjoyed a delicious chicken satay mango salad and a few glasses of very cold ice water— the perfect lunch for a spicy hot summer afternoon.

But seriously, it was hot as out there.

I am hoping this weather sticks around for a few weeks. I love it.

No comments: