8/21/10

Homecoming

Toronto from the air (as we arrived in the city on Icelandair)

I have been home for less than three full days, but I've been so busy!

Wednesday night, my Mom and Dad and Jordan (little brother) picked me up from the airport and we all embraced with tears in our eyes. It is good to be home. On the way home, we drank Tim Horton's coffee— my first in months! I had my classic Tim's drink: a decaf 'double-double' with a shot of hazelnut, mmmmmm. When we got home, I showed off pictures from my recent UK road trip and tour of Ireland, but the photos from the rest of the year I spent in England will have to wait.

My body to the time difference almost instantly! I woke up Thursday morning at 7:30 (which is 12:30 pm in England). It was a bit weird to adjust so well. When I came home at Christmas, I was waking up between 4:00-5:00 am for about a week.

I spent Thursday emailing my portfolio to a variety of design studios and other creative places in search of a job. I actually have negative funds. Thank God my parents are so eager to have me living at home with them! I don't know how I would afford living on my own with no money and a pile of debt.

Thursday night, my friends surprised me with a little tea party. It was really great to see everyone— especially Andrew and Kayla, whom I haven't spent any time with since December. It was awesome to see Meg, Jay and Mel too (but I saw them a few weeks ago, so I'm kind of sick of them, haha). We chatted late into the night. I am glad that Kayla is living in Newmarket, too. It will be nice to get together for coffee!

Friday morning, I printed my portfolio at the local print shop before heading up to my room to try and clean it up a bit. I don't know how I have acquired so much crap in my life. Somehow, as I purged my room of old clothes, books and knickknacks, the mess got bigger!!! This will surely be an on-going project.

That evening, I headed up to Lindsay with Meg, Jay and Laura (happy reunion!) to see a production of 'Les Mis', put on by our friend Tom and his theatre company. It was spectacular. We were blown away by the talent in the show. Laura has seen about 5 professional productions of Les Mis and she was amazed by the cast. We were especially taken aback by the male leads! Valjean, Javert and Enjolras were incredible. Marius was okay, too, haha. However, the best part of the show was afterwards, when Tom and Alana joined us for drinks and chat. It's really nice to be back.

Today, I am headed up North for a week of R & R with my family. I am totes going to try Zorbing.

P.S. I got an interview for a sick internship!

1 comment:

redhaireddesigner said...

love the new blog layout....so glad you decided to keep blogging!!!